Sr. Industrial Technologist at Enbridge
Ruth E. Promislow
Partner, Commercial Litigation, Fraud and Professional Negligence Lawyer at Bennett Jones
Field Telecom / Process Control Domain Reference Architect at Shell Global Solutions Canada Inc.
Product Portfolio Leader at GE Automation and Controls
Executive Vice President at Darktrace
Security Engineering Manager, Western Canada at Check Point Software Technologies, Inc
The challenges of identifying and managing various cybersecurity threats in all aspects of everyday life is an ever growing issue for governments, industry and individuals alike. This discussion will focus on several challenges the industry will need to deal with in the coming years and how to manage them.
Issues discussed will include:
- Security posture discussion regarding the different perspectives different people in an organization would take to help a) determine current posture and; b) adjust posture as needed.
- Cyber insurance as a liability offset, and legal responsibilities for all parties.
- Effectiveness – how well does a technology like IPS actually protect? How do we measure this efficacy?
- ISA 99 Framework as a background context for discussions, to ensure the parties involved in security are speaking the same terminology and nomenclature.
- Vault seven recent disclosure and how this effects security decision making and/or policy/posture considerations.